Data Protection Statement
Drs William O’Connor and Gillian Gibson are the controllers of the personal data processed for the provision of your medical care and treatment, and related purposes.
They can be contacted at Suite 12, the Lee Clinic, Lee road, Cork; telephone 021 4941566
Purposes, legal basis for processing, and retention of your data
Your data will be processed for your medical care and to meet any legal obligations we may have to keep or disclose your data. We are unable to provide medical care and treatment if you do not provide us with the necessary information to do so.
When necessary, it will be provided to those involved in your treatment and care including, where applicable, hospitals, and to your health insurer. Medical purposes include medical diagnosis and treatment, preventive medicine, medical research, and the management of healthcare services, including audit and quality control. Your data may be disclosed where required or authorised by law or public health purposes.Your data will be retained only for as long is necessary to fulfil the above purposes, in accordance with established best practice and any relevant legal obligations.
Your Data Protection Rights
- You have the right to be provided on request with a copy of your personal data.
- You have the right to rectification of inaccurate data we may have recorded about you.
- You have the right to the erasure of your data (“Right to be Forgotten”) which we no longer have justification for recording.
- You have the right to object to processing of your data which is being done on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data when:
- the basis for its processing is in dispute;
- its accuracy is in dispute;
- we cannot establish a lawful basis for its processing, but you do not wish it to be erased;
- we no longer need your data, but you need it for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims;
- you object, where applicable, to our processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests, pending verification of whether our interests override yours.
- You have the right to be provided with a copy of your data in machine readable format, or to have it transferred directly to another data controller (“Data Portability”).
- If you are dissatisfied with how we process your data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Commission (www.dataprotection.ie).